1. Helps keep the floral department well stocked and appealing at all times to meet customer requirements. Smiles and greets customers. Discusses customer’s needs, may make suggestions, handle special customer’s requests and resolve customer concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
2. Sets up displays. Ensures that floral product is always fresh and in saleable condition with correct pricing and signage. Handles spoiled or damaged product according to company procedures and standards. May create arrangements on sales floor to interest customers. May also provide delivery service to customer’s business or homes (only applicable in Florist Stores)
3. Follows company guidelines for merchandizing product such as Flower of the Month and utilizing rolling racks to drive sales.
4. Responsible for sanitation in the department. Follows cleaning schedules to ensure that work areas, display cases, etc., are well maintained and clean at all times. Removes trash. Helps maintain a safe work environment by following all OSHA requirements.
5. Does some ordering. Helps leader minimize losses by inspecting product upon delivery and properly refrigerating products. Reports any shortages and overages to leader.
6. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
7. May be called upon to assist in other departments, especially in the front-end.
Previous experience is preferred