1. Manages department inventories by tracking weekly sales reports, orders products and supplies to meet customer demand in order to maximize sales and profits.
Maintains inventory levels to ensure the highest quality of freshness.
2. Schedules all deli associates, oversees and participates in training, rewards and recognizes performance and delegates work assignments to effectively utilize talents and abilities while maximizing profits for the department.
3. Develops and implements merchandising plans that meet the financial objectives of the department individually or in cooperation with superiors. Merchandizes displays in order to attract customers and drive sales.
4. Prepares, maintains and tracks all types of records concerning inventories to calculate gross monthly profits according to company guidelines. Maintains accurate department records other important matters, including associate performance and discipline, sales plans, etc.
5. Checks and verifies all deli deliveries and invoices to ensure accurate billing from vendors. May help unload merchandise and transport to sales floor or storage area.
6. Controls deli expenses by improving operations and efficiencies, controls labor costs and reduces losses due to damages, spoiled product and shrink. Ensures associates correctly follow company recipes for prepared products. Maintains food safety and freshness by properly removing and recording out of code products.
7. Maintains effective housekeeping program. Keeps merchandise fresh to meet all local, state, federal health, civil code regulations and company standards. Ensures that associates work and operate deli equipment in a safe manner by complying with OSHA requirements. Ensures compliance with all state, county and local weights and measures laws.
8. Focuses on continuously improving all areas of the department to better serve the customer and drive department sales.
9. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance.
10. Performs staff duties as required such as slicing meats and cheeses and assisting customers at the counter. Extensive food preparation and food handling on a daily basis.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
Must know how to properly and safely operate equipment utilized in moving merchandise.
Must be 18 and trained in order to use most deli equipment including deli slicer.
Ability to multi-task.
Experience dealing with customers helpful.
Sight and peripheral vision
Lifting up to 60 lbs
Communication (both verbal & written)
Standing for extended periods
Reaching, bending for extended periods