SUMMARY OF JOB
Provides leadership in operation of front-end by directing and managing associates, orders supplies, monitors front-end cash management functions and implements merchandising initiatives that satisfies customer demand and maximizes profits.
Supervises front-end associates including cashiers, parcel pick-up, front-end monitors, and scan coordinator. Also responsible for the office and courtesy clerks. Specific number of associates depends on store size.
1. Schedules and directs front-end personnel to effectively utilize available resources to maximize store profits.
2. Directs flow of customers to ensure effective front-end operation, including prompt, friendly and efficient customer service.
3. Monitors and controls department costs to improve operations and increase profitability. Responsible for front-end cash control and security procedures to identify and prevent cash losses.
4. Directs, oversees and evaluates training programs of front-end associates to reduce turnover, increase morale and department efficiency while controlling labor costs.
5. Assists Store Manager in identifying and interviewing candidates for hire. Ensures that new hire paperwork is complete and accurate. Knowledgeable on payroll administration. May cooperate with HR/Payroll Coordinator on new hire orientation.
6. May assume role of safety director. Responsible for various OSHA reports and logs, hazardous communication training, assists Store Manager in investigating accidents, completing accident reports and communicating important safety and health information to associates.
7. May assume responsibility for total store operations, store opening or closing in absence of other managers.
8. Ensures company policies and procedures related to front-end operations are followed. Also monitors and checks bookkeeping required for PFMA and WIC certifications. Enforces and adheres to company and legal regulations concerning tobacco and alcohol sales.
9. Focuses on continuously improving areas of customer service and implements changes to increase satisfaction and efficiencies. Resolves customer complaints in pleasant, professional manner. Trains associates in procedures for handling complaints. Provides leadership in customer service being an example of high customer service.
10. Ensures smooth function of department and store by cooperating with co-workers and superiors. Responsible to continuously improve job performance
11. At times also performs duties of staff as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
High school education or equivalent. At least 2 years experience in cash office. Some experience working in front-end operations. Associate degree or a 4 year college degree in business or a related field desirable.
Good interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills. Ability to read and understand profit and loss statements. Leadership and delegation skills. Be visually aware of surroundings i.e., handling of currency, store sales, cash reports, security, and customer needs. Must have knowledge of computers and other front-end equipment. Ability to multi-task.
Hearing Standing for extended periods & walking
Lifting and carrying (35lbs) Sight or peripheral vision
Bending, reaching and grasping Communications (both verbal & written)
Operating all front-end equipment Some tolerance for stress
Works in front-end of store. Ongoing interaction with associates and customers in fast paced environment. Will stand for long periods of time.